Comment by Composite Analytica on 15 Apr 2010 at 21:59:24
Thanks for this thread.
In following occasions chemical resistance guides of the well-established (raw) material supplier can be used without problems:
* for the described chemical or exact mixture (e.g. 5% HCL concentration) AND
* in a basic shape (plane sheet, box, cylinder) AND
* at the exact described temperature and pressure AND
* for the short term (say 1 to 5 years).
In the following circumstances CheFEM is advised in addition to the chemical resistance guide:
* mixtures that are not described in the chemical corrosion guide;
* more complex shapes / complex laminate build-ups;
* severe temperature and pressure conditions, including supercritical and thermal spiking (including rapid gas decompression);
* for the medium and/or long term (say more than 5 years).
Hope this helps ;-)